Rock music!
Postanite clan rock fourma
Rock music!
Postanite clan rock fourma
Rock music!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeRock forum portLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Manic Street Preachers

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
RockstaR
Admin
Admin
RockstaR

Number of posts : 2862
Ëîêàöè¼à : Boulevard Of The Broken Dreams
Registration date : 2008-08-09

Manic Street Preachers Empty
PostSubject: Manic Street Preachers   Manic Street Preachers I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 20, 2009 3:32 pm

Manic Street Preachers are an alternative rock band from Blackwood, Wales, formed in 1986. They are James Dean Bradfield (vocals, guitars), Nicky Wire (bass, occasional vocals) and Sean Moore (drums, backing vocals, occasional trumpet). The band were originally a quartet: lyricist and rhythm guitarist Richey Edwards mysteriously vanished on 1 February 1995.[1] He was declared presumed deceased in November 2008.[2]

The Manics released their debut album Generation Terrorists in 1992.[3] Their combination of androgynous glam punk imagery, outspoken invective and songs about "culture, alienation, boredom and despair" soon gained them a loyal following and cult status.[4][5][6] The band's later albums retained a politicized and intellectual lyrical style, while adopting a broader alternative rock sound.[7] Enigmatic lyricist Richey Edwards gained early notoriety by carving the words "4 REAL" into his arm with a razor blade (narrowly missing an artery and requiring seventeen stitches) in response to the suggestion that the band were less than authentic.[8] The dark nature of 1994's The Holy Bible reflected the culmination of Edwards' instability.[9]

Following Edwards' disappearance, Bradfield, Moore, and Wire persisted with the Manic Street Preachers and went on to gain critical and commercial success, becoming one of Britain's premier rock bands.[10] They have had eight top ten albums and fifteen top ten singles. They have reached number one three times, with their 1998 album This Is My Truth Tell Me Yours[11] and the singles "If You Tolerate This Your Children Will Be Next" (1998)[12] and "The Masses Against The Classes" (2000).[13] They have also won the Best British Album and Best British Group accolades at the BRIT Awards in 1997 and 1999, and were lauded by the NME for their lifetime achievements in 2008.[14] Their ninth studio album, Journal For Plague Lovers, was released on 18th May 2009 and features lyrics Edwards had left behind to the band weeks before his disappearance.[15]

Discography

* Generation Terrorists (1992)
* Gold Against the Soul (1993)
* The Holy Bible (1994)
* Everything Must Go (1996)
* This Is My Truth Tell Me Yours (1998)
* Know Your Enemy (2001)
* Lifeblood (2004)
* Send Away the Tigers (2007)
* Journal for Plague Lovers (2009)

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
rock freak
Spamer i rock'n'roll master
Spamer i rock'n'roll master
rock freak

Number of posts : 787
Registration date : 2008-10-13

Manic Street Preachers Empty
PostSubject: Re: Manic Street Preachers   Manic Street Preachers I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 15, 2009 4:12 pm

fina grupica xD bili su na EXIT-u..... Bubnjevi
Back to top Go down

Manic Street Preachers
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Rock music! :: Rock muzika :: 1990e :: Britpop-
Jump to: