Rock music!
Postanite clan rock fourma
Rock music!
Postanite clan rock fourma
Rock music!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeRock forum portLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

__Sum 41__

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
RockstaR
Admin
Admin
RockstaR

Number of posts : 2862
Ëîêàöè¼à : Boulevard Of The Broken Dreams
Registration date : 2008-08-09

__Sum 41__ Empty
PostSubject: __Sum 41__   __Sum 41__ I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 05, 2009 4:07 pm

Sum 41 is a rock band from Ajax, Ontario.[1] The current members are Deryck Whibley (lead vocals, rhythm guitar), Cone McCaslin (bass guitar, backing vocals), Steve Jocz (drums, backing vocals), and Thomas Thacker (lead guitar, backing vocals, keyboard).

In 1999, the band signed an international record deal with Island Records. Since then, the band has released four studio albums, all of which have been certified platinum in Canada.[2] Their most successful album to date is All Killer No Filler, which is certified 3x platinum in Canada and platinum in the United States.[3] The album was fueled by the single "Fat Lip", which reached the top position on the Billboard Modern Rock chart, making it the band's most successful single.[4] The second single from the album, "In Too Deep", reached number-ten on the Modern Rock chart.[5]

The band often performs more than 300 times each year and holds long global tours, most of which last more than a year.[6] They have been nominated for seven Juno Awards and have won twice (Group of the Year in 2002 and Rock Album of the Year for Chuck in 2005). They also have been nominated for three different Canadian Independent Music Awards: In 2004, they won a Woodie Award for "The Good Woodie (Greatest Social Impact)".[7] They have also been nominated for a Kerrang! Award in 2003 for "Best Live Act".
The band is called Sum 41 because they started 41 days into the summer.[9] The band was originally a NOFX cover band named Kaspir; they changed their name to Sum 41 for a Supernova show on September 28, 1996.[9][10]

In 1998 the band recorded a demo tape on Compact Cassette which they sent to record companies in hope of getting a recording contract. These demo tapes are rare and are the only recordings known with the original bassist Richard "Twitch" Roy.[11]

From 1999 to 2000, the band recorded several of their antics. The Introduction to Destruction and later the Cross The T's and Gouge Your I's DVDs both contained the self-recorded footage, among which were robbing a Kelly's Pizza with water guns and performing a dance to "Makes No Difference" in front of a theater.

Sum 41 released the EP Half Hour of Power on June 27, 2000. The first single released by the band was "Makes No Difference", which had two different music videos. The first video was put together using the video clips sent to the record label and the second showed the band performing at a house party.

Discography

* Half Hour Of Power (2000.)
* All Killer No Filler (2001.)
* Does This Look Infected? (2002.)
* Chuck (2004.)
* Underclass Hero (2007.)
* Complicity (2009.)

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
Bucher
Urednik
Urednik
Bucher

Number of posts : 877
Registration date : 2008-08-30

__Sum 41__ Empty
PostSubject: Re: __Sum 41__   __Sum 41__ I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 14, 2009 3:22 am

Decije melodije...
pf...
Back to top Go down
Chris
Spamer i rock'n'roll master
Spamer i rock'n'roll master
Chris

Number of posts : 3801
Ëîêàöè¼à : Saa moj Vladisav zauvek...
Registration date : 2008-06-10

__Sum 41__ Empty
PostSubject: Re: __Sum 41__   __Sum 41__ I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 14, 2009 1:07 pm

Slazem se sa tobom.
Cula sam par pesama i ima neki tekst koji mi se da kazem svidja, ali mi je zvuk bezveze. A oni me TAKO nerviraju!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

__Sum 41__ Empty
PostSubject: Re: __Sum 41__   __Sum 41__ I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

__Sum 41__
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Rock music! :: Rock muzika :: 1990e :: Pop punk-
Jump to: