Rock music!
Postanite clan rock fourma
Rock music!
Postanite clan rock fourma
Rock music!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeRock forum portLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Roxy music

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Chris
Spamer i rock'n'roll master
Spamer i rock'n'roll master
Chris

Number of posts : 3801
Ëîêàöè¼à : Saa moj Vladisav zauvek...
Registration date : 2008-06-10

Roxy music Empty
PostSubject: Roxy music   Roxy music I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 12, 2009 3:00 am

Roxy Music are an English art rock group initiated during the early 1970s by art school graduate Bryan Ferry (vocals and keyboards). The other members are Phil Manzanera (guitars), Andy Mackay (saxophone and oboe) and Paul Thompson (drums and percussion). Former members include Brian Eno (synthesizer and "treatments"), and Eno's replacement Eddie Jobson (synthesizer and violin). Although the band terminated during 1983, they reunited for a concert tour during 2001, and have announced that they are recording a new album for a yet-to-be-confirmed release date.

Roxy Music attained popular and critical success in the UK and Europe during the 1970s and early 1980s, beginning with their Top 10 debut album, Roxy Music, of 1972.[1] The band was a significant influence of early English punk music, as well as providing a model for many New Wave acts and the experimental electronic groups of the early 1980s. Ferry and co-founding member Eno have also had influential solo careers, the latter becoming one of the most significant record producers of the late 20th century, with credits including albums by Devo, Talking Heads, U2 and Coldplay. Rolling Stone magazine ranked Roxy Music #98 on its "100 The Greatest Artists of All Time" list.

* Roxy Music (July 1972)
* For Your Pleasure (April 1973)
* Stranded (December 1973)
* Country Life (November 1974)
* Siren (November 1975)
* Manifesto (April 1979)
* Flesh and Blood (May 1980)
* Avalon (June 1982)

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down

Roxy music
Page 1 of 1