Rock music!
Postanite clan rock fourma
Rock music!
Postanite clan rock fourma
Rock music!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeRock forum portLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Lewis Allan "Lou" Reed

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Chris
Spamer i rock'n'roll master
Spamer i rock'n'roll master
Chris

Number of posts : 3801
Ëîêàöè¼à : Saa moj Vladisav zauvek...
Registration date : 2008-06-10

Lewis Allan "Lou" Reed Empty
PostSubject: Lewis Allan "Lou" Reed   Lewis Allan "Lou" Reed I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 12, 2009 3:33 am

Lewis Allan "Lou" Reed[1] (born March 2, 1942) is an American rock musician best known as the guitarist, vocalist and principal songwriter of The Velvet Underground as well as a successful solo artist whose career has spanned several decades. The band gained little mainstream attention during their career, but became one of the most influential of their era.[2] As the Velvet Underground's main songwriter, Reed analyzed subjects of personal experience that rarely had been examined so openly in rock and roll, including a variety of sexual topics and drug culture and use. As a guitarist, he was a pioneer of many guitar effects including distortion, high volume feedback, and nonstandard tunings.

Reed began a long and eclectic solo career in 1971. He had a hit the following year with "Walk on the Wild Side", though for more than a decade he seemed to wilfully evade the mainstream commercial success its chart status offered him.[3] One of rock's most volatile personalities, Reed's work as a solo artist has frustrated critics wishing for a return of The Velvet Underground. The most notable example is 1975's infamous double LP of recorded feedback loops, Metal Machine Music, upon which Reed later commented: "No one is supposed to be able to do a thing like that and survive." By the late 1980s, however, he had garnered recognition as an elder statesman of rock.

* Lou Reed (1972)
* Transformer (1972)
* Berlin (1973)
* Sally Can't Dance (1974)
* Metal Machine Music (1975)
* Coney Island Baby (1976)
* Rock and Roll Heart (1976)
* Street Hassle (1978)
* The Bells (1979)
* Growing Up in Public (1980)
* The Blue Mask (1982)
* Legendary Hearts (1983)
* New Sensations (1984)
* Mistrial (1986)
* New York (1989)
* Magic and Loss (1992)
* Set the Twilight Reeling (1996)
* Ecstasy (2000)
* The Raven (2003)
* Hudson River Wind Meditations (2007)

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
Bucher
Urednik
Urednik
Bucher

Number of posts : 877
Registration date : 2008-08-30

Lewis Allan "Lou" Reed Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lewis Allan "Lou" Reed   Lewis Allan "Lou" Reed I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 09, 2009 8:13 am

Pesma "Perfect Day" je predivna...
Back to top Go down

Lewis Allan "Lou" Reed
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Rock music! :: Rock muzika :: Prokultura (1967 - 1977) :: Glam rock-
Jump to: