Rock music!
Postanite clan rock fourma
Rock music!
Postanite clan rock fourma
Rock music!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeRock forum portLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

The Go-Go’s

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Chris
Spamer i rock'n'roll master
Spamer i rock'n'roll master
Chris

Number of posts : 3801
Ëîêàöè¼à : Saa moj Vladisav zauvek...
Registration date : 2008-06-10

The Go-Go’s Empty
PostSubject: The Go-Go’s   The Go-Go’s I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 14, 2009 12:43 am

The Go-Go’s are an all-female American pop/new wave band formed in 1978. They made rock history as the first all-woman band that both wrote their own songs and played their own instruments to top the Billboard album charts.[1]

The Go-Go's rose to fame during the early 1980s. Their debut album, Beauty and the Beat, is considered one of the "cornerstone albums of new wave" (Allmusic), breaking barriers and paving the way for a host of other new American acts. In the beginning, they played primarily a pop-inflected form of the emerging punk sound, and later defined themselves with the distinct sound of 1980s rock music. The Go-Go’s had five U.S. Top 40 hits. Musical influences include the Ramones, the Shangri-Las, the Buzzcocks, the Beatles, the Beach Boys, and Blondie. During their career, the Go-Go's have sold more than seven million albums.[2]

The Go-Go's ranked at number #76 in the 1999 VH1 100 Greatest Women of Rock & Roll list

* Beauty and the Beat (1981)
* Vacation (1982)
* Talk Show (1984)
* God Bless The Go-Go's (2001)

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down

The Go-Go’s
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Rock music! :: Rock muzika :: Sredina 1970 - ih :: New Wave-
Jump to: