Rock music!
Postanite clan rock fourma
Rock music!
Postanite clan rock fourma
Rock music!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeRock forum portLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

__Poison__

Go down 
AuthorMessage
RockstaR
Admin
Admin
RockstaR

Number of posts : 2862
Ëîêàöè¼à : Boulevard Of The Broken Dreams
Registration date : 2008-08-09

__Poison__ Empty
PostSubject: __Poison__   __Poison__ I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 15, 2009 6:20 pm

Poison is an American glam metal band that achieved great success and popularity in the late 1980s and early 1990s. They have become icons of the 80s MTV era and have had widespread commercial success. To date, the band has sold more than 25 million records worldwide,[citation needed] including 18.5 million in the United States alone.[1] The band has also charted ten singles to the Top 40 of the Billboard Hot 100, including six Top 10 singles and one #1.[2] After 25 years, the band is still recording music and performing.

Poison began their journey in 1983 under the name Paris and consisted of lead vocalist Bret Michaels, guitarist Matt Smith, bassist Bobby Dall, and drummer Rikki Rockett. Moving to Los Angeles on March 6, 1984, they started playing big clubs and several other clubs. The name Poison was picked by the band after seeing Spinal Tap.

During this period, Poison's manager negotiated a deal under which West Hollywood club The Troubador would pay for shows.[3] At this time Smith left the band to return home to Pennsylvania, which lead to an audition session which was won by C.C. Deville.

Michaels, Dall, Rockett and DeVille signed to independent label Enigma Records in 1986 (see 1986 in music) for approximately $US 30,000. Their debut album, Look What the Cat Dragged In was released on August 2, 1986. It included one single, Cry Tough. Followed by three hits, "Talk Dirty to Me", "I Want Action", and "I Won't Forget You".[4]

In 1987 the band also recorded a cover of the Kiss song "Rock And Roll All Night" for Less Than Zero's soundtrack.

Discography

* Look What the Cat Dragged In (1986)
* Open Up and Say...Ahh! (1988)
* Flesh & Blood (1990)
* Swallow This Live (1991)
* Native Tongue (1993)
* Crack a Smile...and More! (2000)
* Power to the People (2000)
* Hollyweird (2002)
* Poison'd! (2007)

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down