Rock music!
Postanite clan rock fourma
Rock music!
Postanite clan rock fourma
Rock music!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeRock forum portLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Preporod garage rocka i post-punka

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Chris
Spamer i rock'n'roll master
Spamer i rock'n'roll master
Chris

Number of posts : 3801
Ëîêàöè¼à : Saa moj Vladisav zauvek...
Registration date : 2008-06-10

Preporod garage rocka i post-punka Empty
PostSubject: Preporod garage rocka i post-punka   Preporod garage rocka i post-punka I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 07, 2009 3:49 am

After existing in the musical underground in the 1960s, the raw, stripped-down sounds of garage rock saw a resurgence of popularity with a resurgence of interest in the garage rock revival. Bands like The White Stripes, Jet, The Strokes, The Vines, The Libertines, Kings of Leon, and The Hives all released successful singles and albums. This wave is also sometimes referred to as back-to-basics rock because of its raw sound. Popular bands that fall under garage rock revival are Wolfmother, The Raconteurs, Arctic Monkeys, The Black Keys, Broken Social Scene, Silversun Pickups and My Morning Jacket.

Additionally, the retro trend has led to a post-punk revival with bands like The Hives, The Libertines, The Killers, Bloc Party, Franz Ferdinand, Interpol, and Editors, which were often heavily influenced by 1990s bands such as Radiohead and Nirvana, as well as the punk genre, and post-punk bands such as Joy Division.

Originally, the term "post-punk" was coined to describe those groups which in the late seventies and early eighties took punk and started to experiment with more challenging musical structures, lyrical themes, and a self-consciously art-based image, while retaining punk's initial iconoclastic stance, such as Public Image Ltd., Gang of Four, and Joy Division. At the turn of the century, the term "post-punk" began to appear in the music press again, with a number of critics reviving the label to describe a new set of bands that shared some of the aesthetics of the original post-punk era. The Rapture, Interpol, The Killers, and Franz Ferdinand were the first commercially successful projects to revive media interest in the movement. This second wave of post-punk incorporates elements of dance music and genres that are part of the dance punk movement in much the same way that the original post-punk movement was influenced by the Krautrock, Dub, and Disco music of the 1970s. Music critic Simon Reynolds notes that these bands generally draw influence from the more angular strain of post-punk bands such as Wire and Gang of Four.
Back to top Go down

Preporod garage rocka i post-punka
Page 1 of 1