Rock music!
Postanite clan rock fourma
Rock music!
Postanite clan rock fourma
Rock music!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeRock forum portLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

The Killers

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
RockstaR
Admin
Admin
RockstaR

Number of posts : 2862
Ëîêàöè¼à : Boulevard Of The Broken Dreams
Registration date : 2008-08-09

The Killers Empty
PostSubject: The Killers   The Killers I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 02, 2009 3:45 pm

The Killers are an American alternative rock band from Las Vegas, Nevada, formed in 2002. The band consists of Brandon Flowers (vocals, keyboards), Dave Keuning (guitar, vocals), Mark Stoermer (bass guitar, vocals) and Ronnie Vannucci Jr. (percussion, drums).

Part of the post-punk revival movement, The Killers draw their influences from music styles of the 1980s. The group's debut album, Hot Fuss (2004) brought the band mainstream success. The Killers' second album, Sam's Town, was released in 2006, and the compilation album Sawdust containing B-sides, rarities, and new material, was released in 2007. Their third studio album, Day & Age, produced by Stuart Price, was released in 2008.

In 2001, Brandon Flowers was abandoned by his first band, a synthpop band known as Blush Response,[1] after he declined to move with the rest of them to Los Angeles, California. He then met David Keuning after responding to an ad that Keuning had placed in a Vegas newspaper which listed Oasis, The Cure, U2, and The Beatles as influences.[1][2] Ronnie Vannucci Jr. and Mark Stoermer were approached by Flowers and Keuning with an offer to join "The Killers", a name which comes from the bass drum of a fictional band in the music video for the New Order song "Crystal".

Initially, The Killers played at small clubs in Las Vegas, Nevada. With the band's lineup stable and its repertoire of songs expanding, the band attracted the attention of Alex Gilbert, a British representative for Warner Bros. Though Warner Bros did not like the band, he took the demo back with him, showing it to friend Ben Durling, who worked at UK indie label Lizard King (now renamed Marrakesh Records) and BBC Radio DJ Zane Lowe. The Killers went on to sign with the British label.

In August 2003 , Mr Brightside premiered on UK Radio , The Killers then travelled to England and began to play shows in Bars and Clubs , The Killers got rave reviews from journalists , fans and DJ's in the UK and it wasn't long before the buzz travelled across the Atlantic and were eventually signed by Island Def Jam in the US.

Discography

*Hot Fuss
*Sam's Town
*Day & Age

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
amer.zv.pk
Redovan clan i najveci rock fan
Redovan clan i najveci rock fan
amer.zv.pk

Number of posts : 630
Registration date : 2008-09-02

The Killers Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Killers   The Killers I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 16, 2009 1:24 pm

ma daj killers..... pffffffffffff
Back to top Go down

The Killers
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Rock music! :: Rock muzika :: 2000e :: Preporod garage rocka i post-punka-
Jump to: