Rock music!
Postanite clan rock fourma
Rock music!
Postanite clan rock fourma
Rock music!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeRock forum portLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

__Iggy Pop__

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
RockstaR
Admin
Admin
RockstaR

Number of posts : 2862
Ëîêàöè¼à : Boulevard Of The Broken Dreams
Registration date : 2008-08-09

__Iggy Pop__ Empty
PostSubject: __Iggy Pop__   __Iggy Pop__ I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 05, 2009 2:59 pm

Iggy Pop (born James Newell Osterberg, Jr. on April 21, 1947) is an American rock singer, songwriter, and occasional actor.[1] Although he has had only limited mainstream success, Iggy Pop is considered an innovator of punk rock, hard rock, and other related styles.[1] He is sometimes referred to by the nicknames "the Godfather of Punk" and "the Iguana", and is widely acknowledged as one of the most dynamic stage performers of all time.[1] Pop began calling himself Iggy after his first band in high school, The Iguanas.[2]

Iggy Pop was the lead singer of The Stooges, a late 1960s/early 1970s rock band who were influential in the development of the nascent hard rock and punk rock genres. The Stooges became infamous for their live performances, during which it was not uncommon for Pop (who traditionally performs bare-chested) to self-mutilate, verbally abuse the audience, expose himself and leap off the stage (thus being the first or among the first to stage dive).

Pop's popularity has ebbed and flowed throughout the course of his subsequent solo career. His best-known solo songs include "Lust for Life," "I'm Bored," "Real Wild Child," the Top 40 hit "Candy" (with vocalist Kate Pierson of The B-52's)[2] and "The Passenger". A film about Iggy Pop's life and career titled The Passenger was in development at one time, but is currently considered dead.[3] He currently fronts the advertising campaign for the UK-based online insurance company Swiftcover, in his trademark state of topless.Iggy Pop was born in Muskegon, Michigan, the son of Louella (née Christensen) and James Newell Osterberg, Sr., a former high school English teacher and baseball coach at Fordson High School in Dearborn, Michigan.[4] Osterberg was raised in a trailer park in Ypsilanti, Michigan.[5] He is of Irish and English descent on his father's side, and of Danish and Norwegian ancestry on his mother's.[citation needed] His father was adopted by a Swedish-American family, hence the family's surname (Österberg).

Osterberg began his music career as a drummer in different high school bands in Ann Arbor, Michigan. One band was the Iguanas, from the name of which he adopted his future moniker Iggy. After exploring local blues-style bands such as the Prime Movers (with brothers Dan and Michael Erlewine), he eventually dropped out of the University of Michigan and moved to Chicago to learn more about blues. While in Chicago, he played drums in blues clubs, helped by Sam Lay (formerly of the Paul Butterfield Blues Band) who shared his connections with Iggy.[6] Inspired by Chicago blues as well as bands like The Sonics and The MC5, he formed the Psychedelic Stooges and began calling himself Iggy. The band was composed of Iggy on vocals, Ron Asheton on guitar, Asheton's brother Scott on drums, and Dave Alexander on bass.

Discography
Albums
With The Stooges

* 1969 - The Stooges
* 1970 - Fun House
* 1973 - Raw Power
* 1977 - Metallic K.O. (live)
* 1995 - Open Up and Bleed
* 2007 - The Weirdness
* 1977 - Kill City

Studio

* 1977 - The Idiot
* 1977 - Lust for Life
* 1979 - New Values
* 1980 - Soldier
* 1981 - Party
* 1982 - Zombie Birdhouse
* 1986 - Blah Blah Blah
* 1988 - Instinct
* 1990 - Brick by Brick
* 1993 - American Caesar
* 1996 - Naughty Little Doggie
* 1999 - Avenue B
* 2001 - Beat 'Em Up
* 2003 - Skull Ring
* 2009 - Préliminaires

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
Agent tajne sile

Agent tajne sile

Number of posts : 24
Registration date : 2009-02-14

__Iggy Pop__ Empty
PostSubject: Re: __Iggy Pop__   __Iggy Pop__ I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 13, 2009 2:03 am

Iggy Pop ne pripada ovom zanru. On je garazni rock, pionir punk-a...
Back to top Go down
Mrs.Tili
Spamer i rock'n'roll master
Spamer i rock'n'roll master
Mrs.Tili

Number of posts : 1763
Ëîêàöè¼à : Pizda mater'na.....
Registration date : 2008-12-22

__Iggy Pop__ Empty
PostSubject: Re: __Iggy Pop__   __Iggy Pop__ I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 15, 2009 5:57 pm

Ja njega nikad nisam volela....
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

__Iggy Pop__ Empty
PostSubject: Re: __Iggy Pop__   __Iggy Pop__ I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

__Iggy Pop__
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Rock music! :: Rock muzika :: 2000e :: Electronic rock i dance rock-
Jump to: